Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Get busy living or get busy dying
So been working on Marla and getting ready to leave L.A except instead of heading south I'll be heading north. Worked all january but I'm still leaving with less than I got here with, sometimes things just work out that way. If it wasn't for the help of the advers I received I'd be even worse off so mad props to you guys! I'm hoping to run into some volunteer work and to see northern california and oregon but mostly I'll just be following the gut. Maybe some day I'll end up crossing that border on two wheels but for now this is as good a plan as any.
The bike got a used aluminum bash plate as well as new EBC front pads and a stainless line. Worked the front suspension and threw on a new set of Race tech springs, a used fork brace along with heavier fork oil. swapped out my worn rubber for the shinko 244's I was saving for south america. Welded up a bracket and mounted a tool tube. Also mounted my one good case as a top case and managed to get my hands on some nice saddle bags. Fabbed up/welded some simple racks for the bags. Found some NOS Meier hand guards and mounted those up. Did the Mike's subframe bolt upgrade, installed a new plug, adjusted the valves, cleaned the UNI and loaded her with fresh dyno juice. Also spent the coin on a used older Garmin gps and was gifted a ram mount. All in all Marla is about ready for some action. She just hit 17k and I left miami 5 months ago with 7k. What a ride!






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment