"I believe
That every broken bone is meant to be
And when it heals it will be stronger than it was before"
Sitting here sipping on an overpriced and hyped caffeine concoction and mooching free wifi while slowly drifting back into the beat of the Road. Contemplating on how best to put down the last few chapters of this endless crazy journey I keep coming up blank.
If we were to talk medical statistics It would certainly be much easier. One broken tibia, one broken fibula, 4.5 months in a long cast, 4 orthopedic surgeries, 1 titanium tibial nail + 4 screws, 1 fibular plate + 8 screws, 1 radial head prosthesis removal, 6 weeks of home infusion antibiotics and a hardware staff infection just to make sure we get the point.
To be continued.....
Santa Cruz , Ca
May 2014- August 2016
After having to hang up Marla for the time being I wasted not a second sobbing over what it had come to be. Keeping the adventure fire alive keeps my Patagonia dream alive and inevitably gives me the purpose I so need. Everything from 4x4 exploring/camping with a moody old Cherokee, to rock climbing anything I can get my working limbs on, surfing the pacific on it's good days while just watching them roll when it's mood swings, backpacking the hell out of the Sierras, Kayaking and kayak camping fresh and salt, day hiking every and anywhere as well as picking up another Nikon to keep my eye in focus of what's important. A busy life is a lived life.
No comments:
Post a Comment