Friday, September 30, 2016

Back on the road........




“Freedom!- is the fatuous jingle of our civilization, but only those deprived of it have the barest inkling re: what the stuff actually is.”

2,100 or so miles in 5-6 days and here I stand starting at the freedom, lone time and endless expanse of Nature and space I so longed for the last few months. I believe I left California on a mission not for my self but for all those I left behind. From my great aunt in Brazil with her health issues and drama. For my father who once again battles with an illness which 1 in every 3 people will battle with in their lifetime. My mother a woman who's life should be made into a book or film to inspire and teach others values long forgotten. My good friend who in a blink of an eye lost the son he shared only a year of his life with. Likely a few others along the way which shall go unmentioned but never forgotten.

Leaving California behind months ago and heading out on this mission was a decision made for me by forces unknown. Though drained, a bit confused and out of touch with where I was and had gotten, I'd gladly do it all over again in the blink of an eye. As I've learned living ain't done alone and when those around you call and you can, answer promptly and give it your best without any regret.

Being back on the beat of a rubber tramp pulls strings on my harp which haven't been pulled in some time. Though enjoying California as much as I could while doing my time there weekend trips compare not to an endless journey where every new day is an endless universe of possibilities. Meeting those who've "gotten it" along the way only serves to reinforce the feeling that this may be where I belong. The gut as sharp as an arrow shouting this is the way!

High quality and small quantities is how I prefer my human interactions and for some reason beyond my understanding it seems those of us who understand pull on each other with a force greater than that of gravity. The places we visit, meet and mingle along the way probably trace back to areas with special indigenous meaning long forgotten. The times we share, memories, stories and comfort; genuine with no reciprocation warranted nor needed. These true "Human beings" who flutter on the edges of this world to them and to all of those yet to make the plunge I salute and welcome you with open arms!

 photo Boondockers gang_zpsorqd0w79.jpg


West young man, west!
 photo West_zpsi8wl8svi.jpg  photo Chance_zpsggvuhqdo.jpg  photo Fall_zpseeyhfzxp.jpg  photo Catch me if I fall_zps2lrr1g0a.jpg  photo Diablo_zpsupztmyfb.jpg  photo Back_zpsidwco0ke.jpg  photo Peace at 30 meters_zpskz0sbyma.jpg  photo Rig_zpsnpvrbyl0.jpg  photo Million dollar view_zpsenaiuusz.jpg
Happy is simple

 photo Home_zps2jsekur9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment