Saturday, November 3, 2012

Disaster












Disaster









Why buy firewood when there are plenty of dead trees and you have a Bahco.



























My short stay in Tennessee was uneventful say for the first rain of the trip, cold and the first time i broke down and got a hotel. Kentucky at least from my travels can be described by a couple of pics, hay, farms and old farm houses. Dale hollow lake park was pretty amazing but I was obviously too late in the season to fully enjoy it. Even so i got to hike around a bit, check out the lake and score the buffet at the lodge. By far the nicest campground I've stayed in. Mammoth caves which I had been looking forward to was pretty disappointing. Not the cave it self but the whole experience,  felt like I was back in Florida at one of the disney parks.  On the contrary to the cave tour the mammoth campground proved to be pretty nice and i got to unwind and spend some time on my hammock, deer were all around and a few even slept within sight. Must be a nice break for them not to have to run away from gun yielding animals. Land between the lakes is my next stop along with a pit stop near St.louis for some bike maintenance and fresh rubber. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment