Saturday, December 28, 2013

West leads the way.......

As one door closes another opens and so the story continues. A few days ago out of nowhere and with a vague explanation I was asked to leave the Ranch I've been living and volunteering at for the last 7 weeks. Apparently I'm not exploitable enough to warrant being fed and sheltered and so my kind hosts have decided to cut their losses. My conscious is clear as I've done everything I committed my self to when I first called about the opportunity though I can't say the same about my hosts. This will most likely be my last try at workway/woofing and volunteering in general. As it seems that for the most part these people are usually looking for slave labor and people they can take advantage off. To top it off I was told I needed to be out of here in 3 days or less. Never mind we had an agreement till the end of winter and now I'm forced to hit the road mid winter with temps in the low 20's and an abundance of snow. What doesn't break you makes you and this is just another lesson I was fortunate to learn. 

As unpredictable as this universe is the very same day I received the unpleasant news I also received an email back from a Hot rod shop I had applied at weeks prior. After a skype session and a few phone calls I've been invited to work in California doing what I know and love. I gave up long ago trying to understand the forces that move everything around us and learned to just accept this crazy ride. "Life doesn't require an explanation just participants" So bags are packed, Marla in tip top shape after a quick fork seal swap and fork oil change, losses are cut, lessons learned and at first light I'll get to do what I do best, hit the road. Riding once again into the sunset and unknown.

  photo Doooo_zpsb44d30a7.jpg
 photo Leakybitch_zpsfaaa45c9.jpg



“I was going to be left alone on my butt at the other end of the continent. But why think about that when all the golden land's ahead of you and all kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive to see?”

Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment